Sunday, September 28, 2008

Second Blog

I am glad to say that the characters are a lot easier to remember. The second section of the book was the same “page-turner” feeling. Once again, I became emotional through each page relating each scene with a reference to me.
After reading this section, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Peter. At one point, I even forgot that Peter was the shooter. I imagine myself sitting across from Peter’s attorney, trembling. I wouldn’t know what to do or what to say if I did anything that Picoult describes. I would even look back at the different times that my previous excluded me to be with the popular crowds. I could feel the seriousness and severity of his situation. After learning a little more about Josie and Peter’s childhood relationship, the pieces started to make sense. I could see Peter’s motives and Peter’s intellectual processes that would make him do something so extreme in society. But his voice keeps echoing inside my head, “How many did I get.” My jaw dropped and my eyes wouldn’t read anymore. Did Peter say what I thought he just said? For the first time in my life I wanted to chuck this book across the room and never pick it up again! It was so early in the section and I wanted to stop reading. The entire time, his actions of sitting of sitting quietly resembled remorse or sadness, but this was just outrageous. How could a person block out something as extreme as death? Even with rage building up day by day, how can a person be so anger they can’t feel emotions?
(271)

No comments: